One week in Peru

Back in Bogota a day after my return from Peru I am happy to review my 1 week trip there. I took my flight to Cusco, Peru which was the access point to Peru most worth to see attraction, the famous machupicchu! While i was checking around various agencies to book i met my travel buddy in Peru, Connor from Australia with whom we realized the trip to Machupicchu the next day. We had a bus ride from Cusco to a city relatively close to machupicchu and after around 7 hours ride and 3 hours walking through breathtaking sceneries in the Andes mountains we reached the city. Next morning at 5 we started our ascending to machupicchu which was literally inside the clouds and the magical background started appearing in glory as the clouds were getting lifted as the sun was rising. My main question was why did Incas get in such trouble to shape a steep mountain and create their civilization there and the answer was that they believed this location to be the center of the world. After we completed the first mission of Machupicchu we focused on our second one to see the famous lake Titicaca, a lake in an altitude of 3810m which is the boarder between Peru and Bolivia. After a night bus ride we arrived at 5 in the morning to enjoy the full sunrise in the otherside of the lake. Freezingly cold until the sun comes out we bought some traditional panchos to keep us warm. From there we got a boat tour inside the lake which took us to the magnificent artificial islands made from reeds where the local indigenous were explaining their way of life. Next stop were the real islands inside the lake which apparently remind a lot greek aegean island scenery. Before we take our overnight bus back to Cusco we enjoyed the local market foods and fruits, all looking very fresh. Next day we took our flight back in Lima to enjoy the capital of Peru for a night. We stayed at Miraflores area, a live and beautiful area of Lima, full of restaurants with delicious food, nice bars, casinos and a beautiful pacific coast offering a great spot for surfing and observing the sunset inside the pacific. That was the place where I happened to turn 30 years old. Instead of candles we used a lighter and we ate a chocolate cake cake from a pastry and yes… was a great birthday celebration. Next morning was the flight for Bogota and next destination in Colombia is the Carrib coast this time, starting in Cartagena. After viewing the jungle and the mountains it’s time to see the coast where the spaniards used for trading back in Spain the gold from south america. More info for this in a while, for now enjoy our photos.

One week in Peru

Section 1/3

Section 2/3

Section 3/3

9 thoughts on “One week in Peru

• 8 May 2016 at 12:18

Quality posts is the main to attract the visitors to pay a visit the
    site, that’s what this web site is providing.

• 8 May 2016 at 21:48

My programmer is trying to convince me to move to .net from
    PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the
    costs. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on a variety of websites for about a year and am worried about
    switching to another platform. I have heard very good things about blogengine.net.
    Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress content into it?

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

• 13 July 2016 at 18:55

Just wish to say your article is as astonishing.
    The clarity in your post is simply spectacular and i could assume you’re an expert on this subject.
    Well with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a million and please carry on the rewarding work.

• 28 July 2016 at 19:48

A motivating discussion is definitely worth comment. I think that you ought to write more
    about this topic, it may not be a taboo matter but typically
    folks don’t discuss such subjects. To the next!

Kind regards!!

• 31 July 2016 at 18:39

I used to be curious should you ever thought about changing the layout of
    your own blog? Its adequately written; I really like what youve
    got to say. But maybe you could a bit more in the way of
    content so people could connect to it better.
    Youve got an awful lot of text for just having 1 or two
    images. You could possibly could space it better?

• 4 August 2016 at 17:53

Thank you for your comment and we really appreciate it. Well i think that we have far more than one or two pics in each chapter but you are right that the pics should somehow be connected with each part of the text so the user can see for what are we talking about. We are working on it since it is a programming issue but thank you for mentioning that.

• 7 August 2016 at 17:27

Your look is quite unique when compared with other
    people We have read stuff from. I appreciate you for posting if
    you have the opportunity, Guess I’ll just book mark